Welcome to Manda Panda - (original art by Amanda Taylor Spiers) .
I am an artist, art educator and stay-at-home mom living in Midlothian, Virginia. I love color, and I love PAINT! And I love, love, love painting things for children.

If you would like to view my work, please click on the links to the right. There are six different categories to chose from.

Monday, June 6, 2011

Welcome to Manda Panda Art!

Welcome to Manda Panda Art!  This blog is one of two blogs meant to replace my webpage http://www.catinthelapstudio.com , which will be disabled very soon, and this site is where I will post updates on all my children's art from now on.  Webpages are expensive and irritating for this busy mommy and artist to maintain.  My other blog, http://catinthelapstudio.blogspot.com , will become my main page and will become Art by Manda.  I have also decided to eliminate the confusion my business name causes (Cat in the Lap Studio) since it does not include my name and can bring up some very questionable things if typed into a search engine!  So I am changing everything to Art by Manda with Manda Panda Art being a division under it so that I can keep my children's art separate.  

I am also using this site for another exciting purpose - art education - my other passion.  I know how hard it is to be a mommy and be home with a wild one and need something to occupy her inside.  Even with tons of art materials at our fingertips, we still get bored and stuck in the humdrum of daily routine.  So I will be using this site to feature art activity ideas that can easily be done at home.  Most of the ideas are for younger kids but all are fun for any age, just maybe not as challenging for older kids.  If you don't want to make the mess at home, join us at the "art zoo" (my dining room!) and we can make the mess together.  I offer art lessons for children for an affordable fee.  

No comments:

Post a Comment